Technical Integration Between OpenText Web Experience Management and Translations.com’s GlobalLink® Platform to Streamline Global Content Deployment
Yahoo! Finance - November 18, 2013
NEW YORK--(Business Wire)--Translations.com, the world’s largest privately held provider of language services and translation-related technologies, today announced a technology partnership with OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the world leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
OpenText and Translations.com have worked together to integrate their best-in-class systems for web content management and globalization management to provide enterprise clients with an end-to-end solution for launching and maintaining global content in any language.
The joint solution between OpenText and Translations.com – which will be powering OpenText’s own corporate website – will feature:
- Packaged integration into OpenText Web Experience Management (WEM) user interface to manage translation workflows
- Automated roundtrip of content needing localization between OpenText and Translations.com
- Real-time project tracking and reporting for translation and review processes
- Translation memory support
- Translation vendor management – including the ability to ascertain quick quotes, approve work for translation, and assign the translations to the appropriate translation vendor supporting localization
- OpenText targeting and segmentation capabilities to support international customers
Benefits of the integrated solution to joint clients will include:
- Responsive multilingual web experiences that provide consistent, contextualized, and content-centric customer experiences
- Unified and consistent multilingual messaging across all omni-channel touch points
- Reduced or eliminated IT involvement for managing multilingual content
- Faster deployment timelines for multilingual sites
- Lower translation costs
- Improved consistency and accuracy in translated content
“Companies often don’t realize the internal impacts on their own resources when they go global, and those impacts are actually more costly to them than their translation expenditures,” said Matt Hauser, Vice President of Content Solutions for Translations.com. “By taking the functionality of a powerful solution like OpenText WEM 8.5 and adding translation management capabilities, clients can now move into new global markets faster and more cost-effectively.”
“Our clients are looking for process efficiencies at all phases of the content lifecycle,” said Muhi Majzoub, Senior Vice President, Engineering, OpenText. “Partnering with Translations.com opens access to their GlobalLink platform, which can allow our clients to streamline their global content workflows and publish content to multiple geographical regions in a timely manner.”
With annual revenue of more than $350 million, Translations.com is a leading provider of enterprise localization services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 80 cities on six continents, Translations.com offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. Translations.com GlobalLink Product Suite is used by more than 2,000 global organizations—including Hilton Worldwide, IKEA, Ralph Lauren, Skype, and UPS. Translations.com is part of the TransPerfect family of companies, with global headquarters in New York and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information please visit www.translations.com.